Wednesday, September 23, 2009

NIGERIA SCAM

Hi. After looking in the answer centre it seems i am not the only victim of this con. I was selling a PSP and winning bidder was from netherlands. I had clearly stated on item description that i would do UK delivery only and although i sent an email to winning bidder telling them i couldn't sell it to them cos it was overseas, they ignored my email and 'payed' via paypal anyway. I then got lots of emails from 'paypal' telling me i needed to send them the tracking number to receive payment from buyer who wanted me to send item to nigeria as a gift for her daughter. This all seemed a bit strange to me and i was wondering why it was so complicated as i am a first time seller. I tried to communicate with buyer about delivery costs and compensation cover but they repeatedly ignored my questions and queries and then started threatening to complain to ebay because i had not yet sent off the item.But i have sent a report to ebay and also forwarded all off the fake paypal emails to spoof@paypal.com and they have replied confirming that these emails are fake. Also, i have reported the buyer as fake id.I recommend to anyone else that has suffered from this con, that they forward their emails to spoof@paypal.com and report the buyer. I have now changed my buyer requirements as well. I opened a case to cancel the transation as 'myself and buyer disageed over terms'. The only thing is if the buyer responds and doesn't want to cancel, i don't get my final value fees back. I just hope the buyer gets de-registered soon.Thanks to all those people that have given advice on this scam, it really helped otherwise i might not have realised.

Orignal From: NIGERIA SCAM

No comments:

Post a Comment