Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Buyer from Italy wants to pay by bank transfer

Hello,i've been reading previous posts about how international bank tranfers are safe to do, and that if the buyer pays in Euros and selects "shared charges", then she will not pay any fees. I just wanted to confirm that it is as straightforward as this and that I can assure my buyer that there shouldn't be any costs at her end if she pays in Euros rather than pounds, as I would hate for her to find she will be charged after all! Where exactly does she choose "shared charges" - is this the option she will have to choose at her bank when she is enquiring about the transfer? When I phoned my bank (Nationwide) to check this, he said he had never heard anything about this "shared charges" thing, and couldn't tell me whether a bank in Italy would charge my buyer anything - not very reassuring! I just wondered if anyone who has done this can give me some clear information, especially as my buyer doesn't speak English very well, and the whole transaction comes to over

Orignal From: Buyer from Italy wants to pay by bank transfer

No comments:

Post a Comment