Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New Ebay Sellers? ( negative feedback )

Are you a new seller looking to keep your 100% positive feedback? So sorry but here is your wake up call...

Please be aware that some of the people you will be selling to are very unbalanced.

One buyer bid on an item and bought it, paid for it, told ebay I never sent it, got his refund, left very nasty feedback and two weeks later it was delivered to me with a big red sticker from the sorting office that said .. UNCOLLECTED...this type of person bought something just so that he could leave me the nasty feedback saying I was a Liar, Thief and Con Artist..and even with my photographs and proof... ebay could do nothing to stop or remove this kind of feedback! ( SEE MY 2010 UPDATE BELOW. )Another buyer bought five of the same item from me, three arrived in America fine the other two arrived damaged, all were packed the same so I must have been doing something right but still this buyer left nasty feedback and could not understand that as soon as its in the postal service it is out of my control.



A buyer left negative feedback because the OUTER cardboard box that I had packed her item in had one corner dented! ( although the inside contents were undamaged!)




Then we have the person who bought an item with no intentions of paying by the accepted methods, he then said he would leave negative feedback if I didn't accept his cheque.

Two weeks later..

he posted me his cheque and then canceled it before it got to me, sent an email to ebay to say that he felt sure that I had sold his item to a higher bidder I had to email him a photograph of it next to a recent daily newspaper, he then said he would send me the cash in a registered envelope but sent me a postal order in a registered envelope... which ended up costing him
more money.






and now a word about...CHARGEBACK.

Please do not forget that a buyer can have your item for several months and then decide for WHATEVER reason , that they no longer want it.

If they have paid you by credit card they can get what is called a chargeback from the credit company that they paid with, paypal can freeze your account for as long as they like while you cobble together all the reasons why this refund is unacceptable including any mutual emails between you and your buyer and photographic evidence regarding your original listing...in my case NOTHING helped at all. This is a very dishonest way to play the system and my buyer won!






Regards,

Sandy. SHORT UPDATE: it is now July 1st 2010 and to let you know that Ebay CAN and WILL remove any unjust negative feedback from your account if they consider it PERSONAL, by that I mean something like ' this seller is a crazy mad person' or ' this seller is a liar ' anything that attacks you in a personal way and is not keeping strictly to the subject. They will not remove feedback like ' after so many emails my item still never arrived' or ' I had to phone this buyer to get my refund ' these are factual and relate to the transaction with your seller.Look into my ' feedback left for others' to see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment